By downloading the MedBridge GO app and using it to engage in your rehab program, your progress is shared with your care team so they can adapt your plan of care and help you achieve your goals. In this guide, we'll walk you through how to set up MedBridge GO for the first time.
- Download MedBridge GO from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
To access your program, open the text message or email your provider sent to share your program with you. Tap the link and you'll be taken directly to the MedBridge GO app.
- If your provider did not send your program via email or text, you can locate your access code and manually enter it when you open the app.
Follow the prompts to verify your identity.
- Note: Your provider may use HEP Lite, which does not require account creation. If you are not prompted to create an account, you can skip to step 6.
- Enter your first and last name as your care team has it in their system. For example, you may need to enter “Matthew” instead of “Matt” depending on how your care team has captured your information.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your date of birth.
- You can optionally enter your cell phone number if you would like to receive updates about your program via text message.
Create your account.
- Enter a username. This can be anything, but we recommend using your email address so it’s easy to remember.
- Create a password and confirm it. Your password must be at least 8 characters and contain at least one uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and special character.
- Once your account is created, you’ll be prompted to sign in for the first time. Enter the username and password you created above and tap sign in.
- If your device has a Face ID or fingerprint ID system, you may be prompted to enable this feature. We recommend selecting “yes” to make logging in even easier in the future.
- You’re ready to use MedBridge!
Here are a few things you can do the first time you log in:
- Tap the “Go” button to start following your exercise routine.
- Tap the settings icon to set up notifications and reminders.
- Tap “Messages” to send your provider a question about an exercise.
- Tap “Program” to view individual exercises or patient education you may have been assigned.
You can also download a PDF version of this guide at the link below.