When logging into the MedBridge GO app or Patient Portal at www.medbridgego.com, you'll be prompted to provide an access code. Depending on what type of MedBridge subscription your provider has, you may then need to create a username and password.
If you've forgotten your username and password, it's easy to reset your password and get back to your program.
To recover your username or reset your password on the Patient Portal,
- Head to www.medbridgego.com
- If you are prompted to enter an access code, select "Sign In" next to the text "Already have an account?" Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Select "Forgot your username or password?"
- You'll be prompted to confirm your name, birth date, and access code. Your access code can be found in the text or email your provider sent you, or on your printed home program. If you cannot find your access code, contact your provider.
- Select "Verify Account"
- On the next screen, you'll be presented with your current username, if you have created one, and be prompted to enter a new password.
MedBridge GO App
To recover your username or reset your password from the MedBridge GO app,
- On the sign in screen, select "Already have an account? Sign in"
- If you have forgotten your username, select "Forgot username?" You'll be prompted to enter your name, birth date, and access code. Select "Verify Identity" and you'll be taken back to the login screen where your username will be populated.
- If you have forgotten your password, select "Forgot password?"
- You'll be prompted to enter your name, birth date, and access code. Select "Verify Identity."
- Create a new password and select "set new password."
- You'll be taken back to the login screen where you can use your new username and password to login.
To speed up your login process, we recommend enabling device authentication. That way, if you forget your password, you can still login.